Morning, Davidson! Let’s get you all caught up to start this Friday, December 24 off on an informed note. Here are the most important things going on in Davidson today.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 60 Low: 51.
Here are the top stories today in Davidson:
- Davidson Weather Forecast For The Weekend Ahead (Davidson Patch)
- Coffee Shop Donating Proceeds To Fallen Officer’s Family Friday (Huntersville Patch)
- Mecklenburg County Government: UPDATE- Shortage Of At Home COVID-19 Test Kits … (Press Release Desk )
- Hospital Capacity In Davidson Area: See The Latest (Davidson Patch)
- Court Report: How omicron variant of COVID-19 could upend college basketball as leagues flip forfeit rules (CBS Sports)
Today’s Davidson Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Davidson!
- Mecklenburg County Government: “Money from the American Rescue Plan Act will be used to help communities with the impact of COVID-19, including Mecklenburg County. Attend the 1/5 info session if you’d like to apply for funding » https://meck.co/3ejJaJ7” (Facebook)
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library: “LIBRARY UPDATE: Cornelius Library will close December 27-31 for new carpet installation. Library services will resume and the branch will reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022 with fresh carpet for all to enjoy! Please note: Book drops will …” (Facebook)
- Mecklenburg County Government: “You can still get a walk-in or drive-up COVID-19 test in the County with little to no wait. Many testing sites are closing early 12/24 and will be closed 12/25 » https://meck.co/3H99bXO Wait Times for COVID-19 Testing.aspx 🗒️ Location l…” (Facebook)
- Town of Davidson, NC — Town Hall: “Happy Holidays, Davidson! A reminder that all town hall offices are closed the following dates: December 23, 24, 27, and 31.” (Facebook)
- Mecklenburg County Waste Reduction: “All Mecklenburg County Full Service Centers are CLOSED on Friday, December 24, 2021 and Saturday, December 25, 2021. The Centers will re-open on Monday, December 27, 2021 at 7 AM. If you’re in the City of Charlotte, please call CharMeck …” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Davidson Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you around.
— Cassie Fambro
About me: A Texas-native, I’ve spent most of my life in Alabama but have recently moved to Charlotte, North Carolina. I have an avid interest in motorsports, so this makes the Carolinas an ideal region to call home. I have a decade of experience in journalism, graduating from the University of South Alabama with honors in journalism with a double major in psychology and a minor in criminal justice. I spent roughly five years of my career in front of a camera in TV news but I have spent years in print journalism and even earned a couple of cool awards like an Edward R. Murrow award along the way. I enjoy covering stories in education, healthcare, government and most of all, stories that directly help people and improve their lives in some way. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my partner Matt, and our two cats, Kenly and Gotenks, going to new restaurants and hanging out at racetracks.