- The concert is June 4 at Protective Stadium in Birmingham.
- Tickets go on sale April 8 at 10 a.m.
- Tickets will cost $98.95
Garth Brooks has friends in “low places,” and some high ones as well. Count Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey among them.
After the Country Music Hall of Famer announced his upcoming Birmingham concert on June 4 at Protective Stadium, Ivey sent out a statement offering Brooks a warm welcome.
“You can blame it all on our roots when we show up in boots to welcome Garth Brooks back to the Alabama clay June 4 for the new Protective Stadium’s first concert,” Ivey wrote in a release Wednesday morning.
Tickets go on sale on April 8 at 10 a.m. They’ll cost $98.95, all-inclusive. There’s also an eight-ticket limit per purchase.
Along with “Friends in Low Places,” some of his biggest hits include “The Thunder Rolls,” “If Tomorrow Never Comes,” and “The Dance.” He’s a 2-time Grammy winner with multiple honors from the Academy of Country Music, Billboard, Country Music Association and more. It’s estimated he’s sold more than 170 million records worldwide.
The 7 p.m. in-the-round concert is also Brooks’ first one in Birmingham in seven years and will be his only stadium tour stop in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi.
“I am proud to have Garth here in Sweet Home Alabama and know Alabamians and folks from all over will give this country legend a warm welcome in Birmingham this summer,” Ivey said.
Brooks also recently announced two nights of concerts in Nashville at Nissan Stadium, April 15-16, which will be his final Stadium Tour stop in Nashville. Both nights are sold out, according to garthbrooks.com. Besides Birmingham, which hasn’t gone on sale yet, the only other Stadium Tour concert that hasn’t sold out yet is May 7 at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana.
How to get tickets
There are three official ways to get tickets to Brooks in Birmingham: at ticketmaster.com/garthbrooks; on the Garth Brooks line at Ticketmaster, 1-877-654-2784; or through the Ticketmaster app on your mobile phone. There will be no ticket sales at the venue box office on April 8.
Garth Brooks 2022 Stadium Tour dates
- April 15-16: Nashville, Tennessee — Nissan Stadium
- April 23: Fayetteville, Arkansas — Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
- April 30: Baton Rouge, Louisiana — Tiger Stadium
- May 7: Notre Dame, Indiana — Notre Dame Stadium
- May 14: Cincinnati, Ohio — Paul Brown Stadium
- May 21: Foxborough, Massachusetts — Gillette Stadium
- June 4: Birmingham, Alabama — Protective Stadium
- July 15-16 – Charlotte, NC — Bank of America Stadium
- September 9-11: Dublin, Ireland — Croke Park
- September 9-12 and 16-17: Dublin, Ireland — Croke Park
Contact Montgomery Advertiser reporter Shannon Heupel at email@example.com.