Find out what summer tastes like by drinking a sip of this watermelon smoothie! It’s juicy, sweet, and made from the most delicious and flavorful fruit of the season… watermelon!
Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
If you are looking for a cool and refreshing smoothie to be your go-to this summer then look no more! This watermelon smoothie has a delicious sweetness to it that you will crave over and over again! Mixed with some strawberries, lime, and honey, you will be hard-pressed to find another smoothie as delicious as this out there!
You can use fresh or frozen watermelon in this smoothie and it only takes a few minutes to whip up. I’ve had it for breakfast, lunch, and even dessert. My kids love making smoothies and this one has quickly moved up to their favorite. It’s This smoothie is different enough that you will be surprised by its delightful flavor and wonder where it’s been your whole life!
Ingredients in a Watermelon Smoothie
If you love fruit and you love to sit back and relax then this smoothie is made for you! Perfect for a hot summer day and sipping on your porch swing or poolside, this smoothie is so delicious! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Watermelon: You can use frozen or fresh watermelon. If you use fresh, then you may need to add some ice to thicken it up.
- Strawberries: Cut up your fresh strawberries and you will love the delicious blend that they make with the watermelon!
- Coconut Milk: You can also use regular milk if you don’t have any coconut milk on hand.
- Fresh Lime Juice: This adds in the best tangy flavor.
- Honey: I like using honey as a natural sweetener in this smoothie.
- Ice: You don’t have to use ice but I like to add it if I need to thicken the smoothie.
How to Make a Watermelon Smoothie
This recipe is so easy! You will be sipping on this in no time after you blend all of these delicious ingredients together!
- Combine: Add the watermelon, strawberries, coconut milk, lime juice, honey, and ice together in a high-powered blender.
- Add More Honey: Taste and add more honey if needed. Depending on how sweet your fruit is will depend on how much honey you add.
- Adjust Thickness: I like to cut and freeze my watermelon ahead of time to make the smoothie a little thicker, but you can add ice to make it thicker if you prefer.
- Divide: Divide into two glasses and enjoy!!
Smoothie Making Tips
If you love making smoothies and are looking for delicious and healthy ones, then this watermelon smoothie is for you! Here are a few tips on how to make it turn out perfectly.
- Too thin? Try using frozen fruit instead. This helps thicken your smoothie right up! You can also add in some ice if you don’t have any frozen fruit on hand.
- Too thick? If you can’t even suck it out of your straw then it’s probably too thick! Add in some extra coconut milk to thin it out a bit.
- Order matters: If you are having a hard time mixing this up in your blender then you’ve probably loaded it up wrong (I know, it’s crazy that there is a right way to put stuff in!). Start with your liquids, then fruits and greens and then any ice should be added on top!
Add the watermelon, strawberries, coconut milk, lime juice, honey, and ice together in a high-powered blender.
Taste and add more honey if needed. Depending on how sweet your fruit is will depend on how much honey you add.
I like to cut and freeze my watermelon ahead of time to make the smoothie a little thicker, but you can add ice to make it thicker if you prefer.
Divide into two glasses and enjoy!!
Serving2cupsCalories246kcal (12%)Carbohydrates37g (12%)Protein3g (6%)Fat13g (20%)Saturated Fat11g (55%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium11mgPotassium424mg (12%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar30g (33%)Vitamin A877IU (18%)Vitamin C58mg (70%)Calcium35mg (4%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.